We are seeking volunteers, donations for great events happening in your neighborhood September 28th!
What is Green Apple Day of Service?
On Sept. 28, 2013, the Green Apple Day of Service will bring together thousands of students, teachers, parents and community leaders from around the globe to improve our school environments through service projects, education, community events and more. Our vast network of champions will demonstrate the strength and breadth of our movement, leaving a meaningful and lasting local impact on our world’s schools.
Last year, approximately 169,000 volunteers participated in more than 1,250 service projects in 49 countries around the world to make our schools healthier, more sustainable places to learn.
What is happening in your neighborhood?
We are excited to share with you the following projects! Please register to volunteer
- TOUR DE TRASH, Sept 21st, Ewa Makai Middle School INFO
- BUILD A RAIN GARDEN, Sept 28th, Hokulani Elementary School REGISTER | DONATE - Need $4500
- SUSTAINABLE HONOLULU, Sept 28th, INFO
- WATERSHED/MARSH EDUCATION, Le Jardin Academy, Sept 28th, REGISTER | DONATE
- ZERO WASTE-BUILD A BOKASHI, Pearl City High School, Sept 28th, REGISTER: Need two more volunteers | DONATE - Need 100 for Safety Goggles and refreshments.
- ALOHA AINA RECYCLING DRIVE, Kahuku High School, Sept 28th, INFO
- NO IMPACT CHALLENGE (WATCH AND LEARN), Kamehameha Schools-Maui, Sept 28th INFO
- ENERGY AUDIT/GREEN SIGNAGE, Halau Ku Mana Charter School, Sept 28th INFO | DONATE Need $50 for refreshments and supplies
- NATIVE PLANT ENTRY GARDEN, Halau Ku Mana Charter School, Oct 12th REGISTER | DONATE
- BUILD WOOD PALLET TABLES, Kahala Elementary, Sept 28th REGISTER | DONATE - Need $140 for tools, refreshments and supplies
- SPRUCE OUR LO'I, Castle High School, October 19th REGISTER | DONATE: Need $50 for refreshments and supplies
- GARDEN RESTORATION, Pauoa Elementary, September 28th REGISTER | DONATE
If you would like to donate money or materials, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our event page for the latest wishlist.
To find more projects and learn more visit Green Apple Day of Service!
Thank you to the following organizations for their participation! Oceanit, PBR Hawaii, IIDA, Surfrider Foundation, Kokua Hawaii Foundation, Trinity Management Group, Mason Architects, Waikiki Worm Company, and Hawaii Student Energy Ambassador Development Program (SEAD), Roth Ecological Design, KYA Design Group, Fung Associates, The Green House, Water Institute for Sustainable Education (WISE) and everyone else for their participation in planning a project.
EARN GBCI CE CREDITS
On the Green Apple Day of Service you can earn, through self-certification, one CE hour for each hour you volunteer, for up to 50% of your total CE requirements; LEED-specific hours available depending on the nature of the project. Learn more here.